Volunteers are crucial for student success at Educational Horizons. Parents are asked to volunteer a minimum of ten hours for the year. However, most go far beyond the minimum.
Volunteer time can take many shapes, such as attending PTO meetings, assisting in the classroom or helping prepare Montessori Materials.
Below is a list of specific volunteer opportunities we currently need:
- The PTO/school needs volunteers for numerous tasks. There is a direct correlation between the amount of volunteer hours families serve and student success.
- Teachers are seeking tutors for students in the 2016-2017 school year. Please call the school office at 321-729-0786 or complete the form below, if available.
- We have wonderful program to help students having difficulty with reading. The Barton Reading program needs tutors to work with the students. A video and detailed instructions are included in the training. Please contact the office if you are able to give an hour or two each week on a regular basis.
- The art teacher, is looking for a volunteer to assist in the classrooms during art.
- We now have several clubs available: Art, Lego and Nature clubs. For information contact the office below.
KeepnTrack is the adopted school security system for our school and all of Brevard Public Schools. Each time you visit the school you will be asked to show your state ID (i.e. license) in order to be a visitor. If you plan on helping in the classroom, participating in field trips, or working with our students, you MUST register as a volunteer and go through the background screening. There are three levels of volunteers and each has a different level of security and fees involved. Find out more on the Brevard Public Schools website.