Volunteers are crucial for student success at Educational Horizons. Parents are asked to volunteer a minimum of ten hours for the year. However, most go far beyond the minimum.
Volunteer time can take many shapes, such as attending PTO meetings, assisting in the classroom or helping prepare Montessori Materials.
Below is a list of specific volunteer opportunities we currently need:
- The PTO/school needs volunteers for numerous tasks. There is a direct correlation between the amount of volunteer hours families serve and student success.
- Teachers are seeking tutors for students in the 2019-20 school year. Please call the school office at 321-729-0786 or complete the form below, if available.
- We have wonderful program to help students having difficulty with reading. The Barton Reading program needs tutors to work with the students. A video and detailed instructions are included in the training. Please contact the office if you are able to give an hour or two each week on a regular basis.
- The art teacher, is looking for a volunteer to assist in the classrooms during art.
- We now have several clubs available: Spanish, crocheting, and track, For information contact the office below.
Volunteers must be fingerprinted, have a background check and register with the school board before they can interact with students. For more information see the Brevard County School Board web site https://www.brevardschools.org/
Our school uses the RAPTOR System to verify visitor and volunteer status. Parents and other adults visiting a the school school during regular hours must have an ID on hand. We haves installed a new background-checking software, Raptor, which scans visitors and volunteers IDs before they go beyond a school’s main office and prints a an identification badge. The system checks the information against sex-offender registries in all 50 states, and a database created by the district.